An essential requirement for running an effective software development team today is to take advantage of DevOps best practices. The necessity to mix and match on-premises and cloud based platforms and infrastructure across development, QA, and operations, quickly makes the complexity and time required to keep everything running, like a disproportionate burden on the core business process activities. Instead of spending time on building features and core IP, your team has to trade-off their time in order to make the “factory” processes run smoothly. Panaton offers managed DevOps services to offload these complex and time-consuming, yet non-productive activities.
» Atlassian – Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket, GitFlow
» Microsoft TFS
» Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Docker
» AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware
» Custom API, data simulators and data generators:
» Test Automation – SoapUI, Selenium
» Unit Test – JS, Python, Java, .NET, Andorid & iOS
1. Establish the starting point for the project.
2. Triage wish list against strategic goals and reconcile with budget and timeline. Architect overall solution, taking into consideration client “must-haves”.
3. Audit architecture with internal teams and build implementation timeline. Several iterations are often required. Begin informal process of retraining and plan details of specific staff training and education.
4. Perform the actual system implementation, including migration of source code repositories, prior bug tracking and issue management data. Integrate with preserved build, test and deployment infrastructure and integrate new add-ons and replacements.
5. Formal training is critical to the success of the project, as to a large degree it is contingent on the buy-in from the client team.
6. Test, test, test and test again to guarantee a clean and painless switch-over.
7. Final delivery. The moment of truth.
Continuous Delivery with Managed DevOps.
We engineer continuous integration, continuous test and continuous deployment & delivery in every project and back it with expert branch-by-feature source control management
» No specific toolset preference – our focus is on best practices, not the specific software or vendor package;
» Internally preferred tools are Atlassian and Microsoft TFS. We were one of the first Atlassian / JIRA customers (since 2003).
Our DevOps practice helps our clients to
» Improve deployment frequency, time to market and shorten lead time between fixes;
» Improve quality of new releases, and guarantee fast and consistent ability to roll back a release in the event of failure or deficiency;
» Maximize the predictability, efficiency, security, and maintainability of operational processes;
» Minimize staff turnover risk and insure continuity of operations;
» Preserve and protect key IP within the organization;
» Make cyber security and customer data protection a standard ongoing concern, covered by the development process, rather than an afterthought;
» Integrate with incident response and business continuity plans and processes;